Program Manager - Counselling and Family Support
- Are you looking for a life changing and rewarding career opportunity?
- Are you passionate about counselling and supporting families in need?
- In this position you WILL make a real and genuine difference in the lives of the community!
- This is a 12-month fixed-term full-time opportunity (with view to extend) | SCHADS Level 6.1
This position will give you purpose!
Based at Summer Hill, you will be reporting to the Regional Manager and working closely with the community, you will build key relationships with Anglicare program staff, government organisations and parishes. The purpose of the role is to lead and manage the day to operations and administrative functions of the Counselling and Family Services programs.
- Provide appropriate supervision, development and training to staff ensuring that they are well supported.
- Ensure program practices meet organisational and legislative requirements by conducting regular reviews and evaluation of program and client satisfaction.
- Ensure expenditure is within designated budget by ongoing monitoring and review of budget in consultation with Regional Manager.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the program by reviewing and implementing policies, procedures and work practices and ensuring these are communicated to staff.
- Ensure professional, aligned and capable leadership to the team in line with the organisation’s Christian vision, mission, values and strategy and be a role model of these values.
- Select capable and aligned staff, communicate and model the vision, strategy and organisational requirements to staff for a comprehensive understanding of these.
- Supervise and engage with staff to build effective team relations, set expectations, praise and recognise good work constantly, develop staff in their roles and careers and build on their strengths, provide regular feedback on performance, and take timely corrective action to address unacceptable performance or conduct.
- Ensure safety and risk are managed and problems solved by ensuring sources of risk are identified and preventative action taken to minimise risk.
- Tertiary qualification applicable to role – A degree in Social Work, Management or equivalent
- A Senior Clinician who has previous experience running a counselling program
- Strong management skills and the ability to work with an experienced clinical team
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Current NSW Driver’s Licence
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
To find out more please visit: https://www.anglicare.org.au/
If you are looking to join an industry leader and utilise your experience to enrich the lives of the community, we would love to hear from you.
Anglicare - Reaching out, enriching lives, sharing the love of Jesus
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date. Closing Date is subject to change without notice.