- Are you passionate about providing pastoral care to those in need?
- This is a very rewarding Permanent Full-Time opportunity as a Chaplain
- Make a genuine difference in the lives of those who need emotional and spiritual support
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
To find out more please visit: www.anglicare.org.au/
About the role:
Anglicare is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced candidate for a permanent full-time Chaplaincy position responsible for providing pastoral care to clients, their families and the staff in our residential aged care facility, Woodbury Village, Winston Hills. Chaplaincy within Anglicare is a vital and expanding part of Anglicare, which demands intentionally evangelistic and pastorally orientated ministry.
Our Chaplaincy team consists of a number of ordained and non-ordained Anglican ministers. For this position we are seeking a Presbyter in the Anglican church.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
• Provide a Christ centred pastoral approach
• Support their spiritual needs, facilitate their ongoing spiritual growth, enable non-Christian residents to explore the Christian faith and encourage Christian residents in their faith
• When appropriate, provide pastoral support to the families of residents
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
• Ordained Presbyter of the Anglican Church of Australia, in good standing with the Diocese of Sydney, and relevant pastoral experience who is eligible to be licensed by the Archbishop of Sydney
• Demonstrated competence in pastoral ministry with older persons
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills
• Demonstrated ability to lead and work harmoniously with others
• A willingness to be involved in an Anglican congregation/parish
• A personal commitment to growth in the Christian faith
• Current valid driver’s licence and access to your own vehicle
• A current Working with Children Check clearance
To be successful you will be an active and keen Christian with formal theological or pastoral qualifications coupled ideally with experience in pastoral care of seniors. This is a fantastic opportunity to make a genuine pastoral difference in the lives of resident in our Woodbury Village.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.