• Are you passionate and committed to making a difference in the lives of older people?
• When you become an Anglicare Volunteer you are joining a team of thousands who brighten people’s lives everyday!
• Alleviate isolation and loneliness by providing activities and games for our Residents and giving them a sense of belonging and friendship!
Anglicare has been serving the Community for over 160 years and is committed to supporting those who are aging, vulnerable or marginalised.
Our Aged Care Facilities offer life-enriching care to our Residents and their families. Our Volunteers are invaluable in providing a range of person-centred activities that encourage a rich and social life.
About this Role:
Support Lifestyle team with games and to prepare activities to bring fun and enjoyment to our Residents!
Duties may include:
• Assisting Lifestyle Coordinators to prepare activities such as arts & crafts, reading and other activities
• Assisting Lifestyle Coordinators to supervise activities
• One-on-one conversations with Residents
Mondays between 10am – 2pm
Our ideal volunteer will have:
• Friendly personality, patience and an empathetic nature
• Able to communicate well with the elderly
• Skills in either art, music, reading, cooking, gardening, woodwork or any other skills you have
Join Anglicare and enjoy the benefits!
By joining Anglicare you would have the opportunity to serve those most in need; elderly people, struggling families, socially isolated, disaster affected people, disadvantaged children and youth plus many others within your community
I want to join. Now what?
Once you submit your application one of our Volunteer Coordinators will be in contact with you. If you are a suitable candidate you will be invited for an interview and if successful you will need to complete a Volunteer Application Pack.
For more information on this role or other volunteer opportunities please contact the Anglicare Volunteering Department on 9421 5446 or firstname.lastname@example.org