Case Manager – Foster Care
- Are you passionate about the well-being of children & their need for a safe and caring home environment?
- Work alongside a team of professional staff and learn from experts in the OOHC industry
- Make a real and lasting difference in the lives of vulnerable children and families!
This role with give you purpose!
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Case Manager based at Mt Druitt who is seeking a great workplace culture, and an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children and their parents in Mt Druitt/Telopea and surrounding areas. In this position, you will have the opportunity to provide Out-of-Home Care services to children and families within the Foster Care Program in the immediate and short term Foster Care Team. This is a permanent part-time position.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
- Undertake cases as allocated, and determine priorities within the caseloads.
- Promote continuous improvement processes.
- Assist/support Foster Care Team Leaders, Deputy Manager and colleagues as required to achieve overall team objectives.
- Participate in regular supervision with the foster care Team Leader.
- Keep Minimum Data Set (MDS) statistics as required.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
- University qualification in social work, psychology or welfare/community services
- NSW Drivers licence
- Understanding of Out-of-Home Care issues and relevant legislation
- Knowledge of child and adolescent development, attachment and the impact of abuse and trauma on children
- Demonstrated skills in assessment, counselling and casework
- Knowledge of child protection and family support processes
Working at Anglicare may be the best opportunity you will ever have to make a positive difference in people’s lives!
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
If you are an experienced Case Manager with a high level of communication and organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload, we’d like to hear from you.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.