Case Manager - Family Preservation and Restoration
Job no: 498124
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
Location: Western Sydney
Categories: Child, Youth and Family Services
Case Manager – Family Preservation & Restoration
- Are you passionate about children and their need for a stable, safe and caring family environment?
- Do you want to further your career in Family Preservation and Restoration by making a real and lasting difference in the lives of families?
- Join our warm, friendly and supportive culture!
The purpose of the Role:
Anglicare provides family preservation and restoration, foster care and adoption services across metropolitan Sydney. Based at Mt Druitt, the purpose of this life-changing career opportunity is to provide case management services to children and families within the Family Preservation & Restoration program.
Skills, knowledge and experience required:
- University qualification in Social Work, Psychology or Welfare/Community Services
- Demonstrated ability to engage families at the point of initial contact, build relationships of trust and cooperation, promote the change process
- Working knowledge of issues and experience in working with children and families experiencing domestic violence, child protection issues, parent drug and alcohol misuse, parenting skills, child behaviour management, learning difficulties, parental mental health and social isolation
- Knowledge of child protection and family support processes
- Proven ability to work effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) organizations and communities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience developing case summaries and completing family reports
Current Working with Children’s Check and NSW or National Driver’s Licence
If you genuinely care about children being safe and able to thrive with their family and share our vision, mission and values…we welcome your application to join us, as we work to see Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time