As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
About the Role
Our Servery Staff at Anglicare Castle Hill and Winston Hill sites plays an important role in ensuring our residents receive a great dining experience every time they receive a meal. Our Servery team work with the wider care and lifestyle team in providing individualised care to our residents.
Reporting to the Servery Supervisor, a typical day will include setting tables, serving meals and clearing, visiting the residents for their supper run. To be successful in the position, you will be a self-starter with a ‘can-do’ attitude, who is capable of working autonomously and embracing change.
The successful candidate must be available to work from Monday to Sunday for a range of shifts between 6am and 8:30pm, and be adaptable/flexible to work across the x6 Care Homes on the Castle Hill site and Winston Hills site.
Key responsibilities (not limited to)
• Ensuring the residents optimal physical comfort
• Ensuring that food preparation and storage is conducted correctly by checking temperature, texture, and presentation
• Ensuring that the food meets residents’ requirements by keeping a careful note of individual preferences and serving accordingly
Skills, knowledge and experience needed
• A passion for caring for others and a genuine interest in working in aged care
• Be familiar with the food safety standards
• Have good attention to detail and take pride in your work
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• A commitment to the Christian values of Anglicare
• Be reliable, flexible and a great team player
• Previous experience in food handling/hospitality
• Previous experience in Aged Care and/or qualifications
• your own transport as due to a possible 8:30pm finish
Join a growing industry where you can make a genuine difference in the lives of our residents and clients.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.