Senior Case Worker – Food and Financial Assistance
Following a review of the Sustainable Living program, the newly named Food and Financial Assistance program is being launched. This is a rewarding opportunity to be part of a team that will serve clients in a way that provides an overall enriching client experience.
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
About the role
You will be providing case work, group work and other support services to clients from diverse cultural and social backgrounds who present with a range of needs. As part of a key support role, you will also be mentoring a Case Work team, providing advice and guidance as needed on client issues. This is a permanent full-time opportunity based at Mt Druitt.
Key accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure staff and volunteers are well supported and developed by providing advice and appropriate supervision and training. This also includes being available to debrief with staff.
- Ensure individual needs of clients are met by providing a case plan that is developed with the client, is clearly defined and with achievable outcomes.
- Ensure the Food and Financial Assistance program is well known in the community by attending local forums/interagency, government meetings, developing partnerships with local parishes and networking with appropriate services.
- Ensure documentation meets organisational, legislative and funding requirements by completing and maintaining appropriate client documentation and statistical information. This also includes preparing reports for internal and external use as required
Skills, knowledge and experience needed
- Tertiary qualifications (degree) in Social Work, Community welfare or equivalent. Associate Diploma with relevant experience or less formal qualifications with specialised skills sufficient to perform at this level.
- Experience in working with disadvantaged groups including families, parents, children and young people.
- Previous experience supporting a Case Work team.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including the ability to network and establish positive relationships.
This is a very exciting time with the new model providing some great opportunities for staff through training and the opportunity to upskill so that optimal service can be provided. If you would like to be part of this new and exciting Food and Financial Assistance experience, then please apply!
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.