Support Worker - Norfolk Island
Job no: 498200
Work type: Casual Employee
Location: Norfolk Island
Categories: Child, Youth and Family Services
Support Worker – Child and Family Services
- Passionate about children and facilitating playgroups and support groups?
- This is a rewarding casual position based at Norfolk Island!
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
About the role:
To improve the outcomes and well-being of families with children by facilitating a supported playgroup and other activities for children and families.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in activities with the children. This also includes supporting the implementation of a developmentally appropriate learning environment.
- Ensure and maintain child and parent confidentiality.
- Provide supervision of children at all times and ensure that their environment is safe. This includes, ensuring that equipment and resources are in good working order and maintained appropriately.
- Ensure that families are well informed on available resources by assisting to provide up to date information on parenting techniques, child development, health, safety and hygiene.
- Contribute to increasing group attendance by working with management to actively promote and encourage attendance to the supported playgroup and other activities.
- Contribute to the smooth operation of the playgroup by assisting to set up activities, prepare food and pack equipment away.
- Previous experience coordinating activities for a supported playgroup
- Experience in working with disadvantaged groups including parents and children
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Valid Working with Children’s Check
Would like to join a supportive and growing Christian organisation where your skills and experience can make a positive impact to those in need? If so, apply today!
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time