As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
To find out more please visit: www.anglicare.org.au
About the Role
Donington Court, Castle Hill location is currently looking for an enthusiastic Lifestyle Coordinator who can coordinate activities that contribute to the wellbeing of residents. This is a permanent full time opportunity, where you will be responsible for conducting assessments of individual resident’s social, emotional and intellectual needs by designing and implementing leisure and lifestyle programs. Working closely with a multi-disciplinary team across the wider organisation you will have the ability to build and maintain strong relationships. You will be required to lead a team including Lifestyle Carers, pastoral carer and volunteers and also to work closely with the Chaplain.
- Ensure residents receive appropriate assessments including their life history or story that will inform an integrated care plan;
- Ensure programs are developed to enrich the lives of individuals and their families through leisure, lifestyle, learning & spiritual activities;
- Coordinate and lead the Lifestyle team to assist residents in creating a home like environment within their accommodation;
- Coordinating outings that allow the resident to stay in communication and have meaningful relationships within their chosen community in a safe and healthful way;
- Ensure volunteers are well coordinated and integrated into the team.
- Ensure we are able to meet the required accreditation standards and continually evaluate programs to ensure they meet the residents’ requirements.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed
- A Diversional Therapist is highly regarded;
- Proven experience in leading a team.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of Aged Care and associated accreditation requirements.
- Certificate IV in Leisure & Health and/ or relevant tertiary degree.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience working with people living with a mental health disorder would be favourable.
- A commitment to the Christian values of Anglicare.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date. Closing Date is subject to change without notice.