Cross Cultural Training Advisor
- Are you an experienced Training Advisor passionate about cross cultural training?
- This is a rewarding position permanent part-time position based in Parramatta
- Make a real and genuine difference in the lives of the community!
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve people who are vulnerable or marginalized by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
About the role:
Working 3 days a week, the purpose of the role is to support the development of Anglicare’s cross-cultural church facing programs, church volunteer training programs and training programs specific to Community Services by providing advice and direction on quality adult education and theological integration.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
- Ensures Anglicare develops high quality programs to Sydney Anglican churches by providing expert advice on the development of relevant and consistent programs, aligned with adult education principles and biblical theology.
- Ensures Anglicare’s cross-cultural resources for Sydney Anglican churches are contemporary and meet the identified needs of volunteers working in a cross-cultural role or ministry by conducting regular training and resource needs analysis
- Ensures information and feedback is captured by maintaining appropriate documentation.
- Contributes to the continuous improvement of cross cultural services by assisting with policies, procedures and work practices, particularly in relation to parish based work with volunteers.
- Contributes to the training outcomes of Community Services Cross Cultural Services by encouraging volunteer participation.
- Contributes to the promulgation of Anglicare’s values by ensuring these are embedded in training programs and courses.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
- Relevant qualifications in education
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Relevant qualifications in theology – desirable
- Experience in delivering training to Anglican churches in the Sydney Diocese – desirable
This role requires a valid Working with Children Check. Anglicare is committed to being a child-safe, child-friendly organisation.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.