• Leading provider of aged care and community services
• Genuine opportunity to make a difference
• Support Anglicare’s Catering Services
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Production Systems Coordinator, you will ensure the receipt, storage and despatch of food provisions and that those provisions are properly stored, maintained and coordinated to meet food safety requirements, as well as production and distribution schedules.
• Ensures efficient operation of the stores area by checking all incoming goods are in quality condition and meet Anglicare’s specifications, delivery dockets/invoices are correct to goods delivered and to purchase order, placing all stock items in appropriate storage location, stock rotation, issuing and despatching stores items (first in, first out) as required, and maintaining cool rooms, freezer and stores area in a clean, hygienic and tidy condition.
• Ensures accurate stock levels are maintained by participating and reporting on monthly stock takes, product supply availability, quality, and supplier issues to the Purchasing Officer.
• Ensures safe work practices are carried out within the safety, health, hygiene and cleanliness standards set by Anglicare and the relevant health authorities by maintaining Anglicare standards and operating procedures, including HACCP and WHS policies.
• Contributes to the efficient functioning of the operations team by participating in team problem solving, improving work methods, assisting with staff on the job training and working in the Finished Goods Cool Rooms or Kitchen Hand area when necessary.
• Contributes to an understanding and respectful work environment and work practices, by valuing all people and giving rightful consideration of people’s cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s first people.
• Contribute to the safety culture by keeping the workplace safe, clean and tidy, complying always with safe work practices, participating in workplace consultation activities, actively participating in safety activities, including hazard and incident reporting as prescribed in the WHSIMS.
• Specific skills training as required
• Understanding of HACCP principles
• Understanding of WHS
If you’re passionate about food safety and storage, we would love to hear from you.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date. Closing Date is subject to change without notice.