• Casual position available
• Warm and welcoming village based in Forestville
• Flexible availability preferred
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
To find out more please visit: https://www.anglicare.org.au/
About the role:
Brian Watt Lodge - St. David’s Village, is seeking casual Carers to join their dedicated team of aged care professionals. Our Carers play a key role in ensuring our residents are cared for physically, emotionally and spiritually, responding to their varied needs with empathy and respect.
Our Carers are rewarded with above award rates of pay, and a comprehensive orientation program on arrival and access to ongoing education and training opportunities as to ensure that our residents continue to receive outstanding care.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
• Enable, support and assist residents with activities of daily living according to assessed individual needs
• Assist and cooperate with other team members
• Comply with WHS legislation and Policy and Procedures
• Promote continuous improvement process to staff, residents and relatives
• Attend internal and external training as required
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
• Certificate III Aged Care or equivalent
• Proven Aged Care experience
• Desire to work with older people
• Proven competence with verbal and written communication skills
• A commitment to the Christian values of Anglicare.
If you are passionate about caring for the elderly and have what it takes to make a genuine difference in their lives, we would like to hear from you.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.