• Various Projects Across Sydney
• Understanding of/Experience in Aged Care Industry Essential
• Norwest location with Requirement to Travel
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
To find out more please visit: www.anglicare.org.au
About the role:
We are currently looking for a Development Manager who will manage the development and delivery of Residential Care, Retirement Living and Social and Affordable Housing type projects to ensure all customers, operational and feasibility requirements are achieved.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
• Drive the upfront process on specific projects including options analyses, market appraisals, product development, financial feasibilities, master planning and conceptual analysis;
• Drive the design approach on specific projects with respect to aged care practices and building typology that meets resident’s needs, market expectations and organisational requirements;
• Manage the macro and the micro design on specific projects to ensure a product that meets the brief is achieved at all times;
• Ensure the consent process is proactively managed for specific projects at both local and State Government levels to ensure timely consents and value-added results are achieved;
• Ensure that external consultants / contractor on specific projects perform at the highest levels possible by creating the right culture, selecting the right project team and following internal process;
• Ensure project delivery meets all key performance outcomes, namely: time, cost, quality, scope, procurement, communication, people management, risk and integration.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
• Bachelor degree in related field including architecture, engineering or building;
• Minimum 5 years' experience working in a property development role including design management and project management on projects in excess of $10M;
• An understanding of the aged care industry and the changing environments;
• A comprehensive practical knowledge of the planning consent processes in NSW and relevant legislation, with feasibility, design and documentation skills gained in related sectors (such as health, hospitality and residential);
• Comprehensive practical knowledge of the property industry and its laws and regulations as they operate in NSW;
• People management, stakeholder and communication skills & experience;
• The ability to adapt to change and be a team player.
If you are looking to join a dedicated team of property professionals who are committed to making a genuine difference in the lives of older people we would love to hear from you.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice