Registered Nurse - Casual
• Servicing clients in their homes in Sydney (Northern Beaches/Inner West/Eastern suburbs)
• Make a genuine difference to lives of the elderly
• Casual role - cover during busier peaks in demand for RN services/ long service leave / sick leave.
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
To find out more please visit: www.anglicare.org.au/careers
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Registered Nurse who is committed and enthusiastic in ensuring quality clinical care is delivered to older people living in their own home in the Northern Beaches/Inner West/Eastern suburbs. This position is available for a Casual Registered Nurse who has excellent clinical assessment skills to manage care of clients in collaboration with their Care Adviser and our capable team of Care Workers within the community.
As a Registered Nurse, you will have access to our clinical support team who have a strong knowledge and understanding of aged care as well as leading experts in palliative and dementia care.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
• Ensures the clients' physical health and comfort is maintained by providing routine and non-routine clinical care
• Ensures that communication between peers and staff is upheld and fostered to ensure duties are performed accurately and holistically
• Ensures that families are fully informed about issues relating to their relative
• Contributes to the effective functioning of the team by sharing clinical knowledge and skills
• Contributes to the operation of the shift by working co-operatively with the other members of the team.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
• Current nursing registration with AHPRA
• A 'hands on' approach to ensuring quality clinical care
• Excellent written & verbal communication and administration skills
• Computer skills to work with our online documentation system
• Current clinical experience and competence in managing clinical care
• Good interpersonal skills, with a passion for caring for others
• Current driver's licence and comprehensively insured car
• Strong initiative and effective time management in proactive care mentorship
• A commitment to the Christian values of Anglicare
• Previous experience as a Registered Nurse in Aged Care.
Are you passionate about best practice clinical care for seniors? If so you may be the candidate we are looking for!
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.