Indigenous Service Adviser
- Are you an experienced adviser passionate about working in Indigenous communities?
- Our staff are mission-hearted and highly engaged…are you?
- Join an organization who aims to be known for community care, compassion and excellence!
The purpose of this role?
Based at Nowra, the purpose of this very exciting role is to assist Indigenous people and their families to access the Family Relationship Centre and other relevant services. This is a Permanent Part-Time position with flexible days of work offered.
- Engage in promotional activities, projects, events and networks that involve Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. This includes attending community forums and network meetings.
- Regular consultation with the community and Anglicare staff on how to effectively promote understanding between Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, and Anglicare.
- Provide culturally appropriate resources and advice regarding the use of suitable resources.
- Build linkages with key community partners, working collaboratively with relevant parties and referring clients to other appropriate services, this may include facilitating access for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to services provided by Anglicare.
- If/When applicable, engage in Family Dispute Resolution (if a registered Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner).
- Previous experience working in Indigenous communities.
- Demonstrated understanding of cross cultural issues particularly as they affect Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Experience promoting and encouraging access to mainstream services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander persons.
- NSW Working with Children’s Check.
Working at Anglicare may be the best opportunity for you to make a positive difference in people’s lives!
Anglicare has a reconciliation action plan which is an important way for us to set measurable goals and commit ourselves to achieving important outcomes in working with Aboriginal Torres Strait Islander people.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice