Senior Clinical Practitioner – Community Services
- Are you an experienced Clinical Practitioner passionate about the community?
- Our staff are mission-hearted and highly engaged…are you?
- This is a rewarding permanent part-time opportunity based at Nowra!
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve people who are vulnerable or marginalized by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
About the role:
The purpose of this role is to provide support and leadership to the post-separation Co-operative Parenting Team.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
- Provide leadership that ensures that counselling services and group work provided are ethical, of high standard that fulfil the requirements of funding bodies, the service and Anglicare.
- Facilitating clients who are experiencing separation to access counselling, coaching, education & skills training.
- Providing a professional and therapeutic counselling service, ensuring that counselling is directed at enhancing the clients’ capacity for achieving and sustaining valued relationships with a focus on the needs of children experiencing family separation.
- Ensure the range of needs of clients are met by referring them to relevant services (e.g. Legal advice, specialist practitioners, educational services).
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
- Tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Social Work, Counselling or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience as a counsellor
- Previous Team Leader Experience preferred
- NSW Drivers licence
- Member of AAWS, APS or organisations registered with PACFA
- Previous counselling experience with an emphasis on work with children and families
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
This role requires a valid Working with Children Check. Anglicare is committed to being a child-safe, child-friendly organisation.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.