Case Worker – Anglicare Mental Health Services
- Are you passionate about people who need mental health support?
- Our staff are mission-hearted and highly engaged...are you?
- This is a rewarding casual opportunity where you can make a genuine difference in the lives of the community!
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve people who are vulnerable or marginalized by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
About the role:
Based at Bondi Junction, the purpose of this role is to assist with providing case work support to participants with mental health needs through support, advocacy and referral pathways with local service providers. This assists participants to gain the skills and confidence necessary to manage their mental illness and its effects within a framework of recovery.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
- Ensure the best possible outcome for participants is achieved by advocating for participants, establishing strong network links within local area in order to provide strong external referral pathways and developing strong partnerships with the church as a support resource.
- Ensure the service is well known in the community by developing resources that promote and advertise the service to participants, local forums and other community organisations.
- Ensure individual needs of participants are met by providing a case plan that is developed with the participant, is clearly defined and with achievable outcomes.
- Ensure a full participant caseload is maintained by working within funding guideline and program targets
- Ensure documentation meets organisational, legislative and funding requirements by completing and maintaining appropriate participant documentation and statistical information.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications such as Certificate III in Community Services or studying towards higher level qualifications which may include social welfare.
- NSW Drivers licence.
- Access to own vehicle (preferred).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good understanding of mental health.
This role requires a valid Working With Children Check. Anglicare is committed to being a child-safe, child-friendly organisation.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.