- Are you an experienced counselling professional passionate about providing financial advice to families in need?
- This is a rewarding fixed-term part-time opportunity (12 months)! Flexible days offered | 22.8 hours per fortnight
- Our staff are motivated and highly engaged…are you?
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve people who are vulnerable or marginalized by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
About the role:
The purpose of this role is to provide information, options and advocacy for individuals and families who are experiencing financial disadvantage. This includes assessing, developing and implementing strategies for addressing financial difficulties. Travel requirements would be to work across the Campbelltown/Liverpool area.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
- Ensure that financial counselling services are responsive to client needs by utilising a variety of intervention methods and strategies.
- Ensure that the individual financial needs of clients are met by providing a case plan that is developed with the client, is clearly defined and with achievable outcomes.
- Ensure that a full client caseload is maintained by working within funding guidelines and program targets
- Ensure an effective integrated client service is delivered by building linkages with key community partners, working collaboratively with relevant parties and referring clients to other appropriate services. This may include referral to other Anglicare services.
- Ensure documentation meets organisational, legislative and funding requirements by completing and maintaining appropriate client documentation and statistical information.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
- Diploma in Financial Counselling with eligibility for membership of a relevant Financial Counselling Association.
- Experience in working with people experiencing disadvantage.
- Experience in applying financial knowledge within a counselling framework.
- Proficient computer literacy
- Anglicare will consider applicants who have demonstrated experience, relevant to Financial Counselling, in place of qualifications. Applicants of this nature would be expected to undertake further study.
This role requires a valid Working with Children Check. Anglicare is committed to being a child-safe, child-friendly organisation.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.