An opportunity has arisen for an Accounts Payable (AP) Manager to take the lead in managing the AP function. We are looking for someone that is able to demonstrate strong leadership capabilities, partner with internal stakeholders and manage external relationships. With ambitious strategic objectives, there will be plenty of opportunities and challenges ahead. You will be joining a Christian organisation with a history of service spanning over 160 years. We provide accommodation, care and community services to people at all stages of life.
About the role:
This role reports to the Financial Controller and will have the responsibility of ensuring your team of four are able to efficiently and accurately manage the end-to-end payments process. As such we are looking for someone that has developed their skills in the AP space that is keen to bring new ideas and process improvements to the organisation. With a newly implemented P2P system (Basware) you will either have previous experience using this system or be someone that is capable of quickly learning new systems. Managing a small team as part of a wider Finance department, you will also need to be someone that is interested in building strong rapport with your team, provide clear direction through setting and monitoring performance standards and provide any required training to enhance your team’s skillset.
• Leadership of the AP function by setting direction and responsibilities and driving team culture allowing your team to achieve their best
• Manage the workflow of POs, invoices and credit notes within the AP system as well as payment runs, supplier issues and master data
• Develop and improve efficiencies and processes within the newly implemented procure to pay system (Basware) in collaboration with other business units
• Establish clear expectations and manage KPIs to ensure the efficient delivery of the AP function
• Mentor and upskill team members to improve effectiveness and uphold customer service standards
• Build partnerships with the wider finance team, suppliers and internal stakeholders
• Document, manage, review and improve best practice AP policy
• Be the key point of contact for any escalations or concerns from internal stakeholders and suppliers
Our ideal candidate will bring:
• Strong leadership capabilities with previous experience leading and developing an Accounts Payable team
• Excellent communication and customer service skills with the ability to partner with various stakeholders and promptly resolve any escalations
• Process improvement and efficiency focused mindset with the ability to be pro-active in identifying and resolving issues
• Experience with the Basware P2P system would be highly regarded but not required
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened