• Are you passionate and committed to making a difference in the lives of older people?
• When you become a Volunteer you are joining a team of thousands who brighten people’s lives everyday!
• Alleviate isolation and loneliness by visiting and chatting to Residents and also providing activities and games for them to give them a sense of belonging and friendship!
Aged Care Facilities offer life-enriching care to Residents and their families. Volunteers are invaluable in providing a range of person-centred activities that encourage a rich and social life.
About this Role:
Sit and chat to some Residents, it’s a wonderful opportunity to get to know some Residents and to brighten their day!
Duties may include:
• Visiting a resident at a designated care facility
• Chatting with residents one-to-one
• Providing social companionship
• Playing games or going for a walk in the garden
Weekdays and weekends
Times are flexible
Our ideal volunteer will have:
• Friendly personality, patience and an empathetic nature
• Able to communicate well with the elderly
• Genuine interest in the older people
Join Anglicare and enjoy the benefits!
By joining Anglicare you would have the opportunity to serve those most in need; elderly people, struggling families, socially isolated, disaster affected people, disadvantaged children and youth plus many others within your community
I want to join. Now what?
Once you submit your application we will be in contact with you. If you are a suitable candidate you will be invited for an interview and if successful you will need to complete a Volunteer Application Pack.