• Are you passionate and committed to making a difference in the lives of older people?
• When you become an Anglicare Volunteer you are joining a team of thousands who brighten people’s lives everyday!
• Bring joy to our Residents by assisting in creating a vegetable and herb garden area for them
Anglicare has been serving the Community for over 160 years and is committed to supporting those who are aging, vulnerable or marginalised.
Our Aged Care Facilities offer life-enriching care to our Residents and their families. Our Volunteers are invaluable in providing a range of person-centred activities that encourage a rich and social life.
About this Role:
Establish a herb and vegetable garden for the Residents to look after and enjoy
Duties may include:
• Establish and tend to a herb and vegetable garden
• Assist Lifestyle Coordinators to supervise gardening activities
• Work safely while adhering to WHS procedures
• Assist the Lifestyle team in facilitating the gardening group
Weekly visits to assist with the gardens – preferably on a Friday
Our ideal volunteer will have:
• Friendly manner and can communicate with older people, Staff and Volunteers
• Physically able to undertake gardening duties
• Ability to communicate with the elderly
• Skills in gardening
Join Anglicare and enjoy the benefits!
By joining Anglicare you would have the opportunity to serve those most in need; elderly people, struggling families, socially isolated, disaster affected people, disadvantaged children and youth plus many others within your community
I want to join. Now what?
Once you submit your application one of our Volunteer Coordinators will be in contact with you. If you are a suitable candidate you will be invited for an interview and if successful you will need to complete a Volunteer Application Pack.
For more information on this role or other volunteer opportunities please contact the Anglicare Volunteering Department on 9421 5446 or email@example.com