• Be part of a committed and vibrant team
• Make a difference and support older people in Western Sydney
• Fixed term part time position working Fridays to Sundays, Winmalee location
As a Christian organisation with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we exist to serve our community, enrich life and share the love of Jesus. Combining our resources and expertise enables us to work even more effectively to meet changing needs as we reach and serve more people at all stages of life.
To find out more please visit: www.anglicare.org.au
Due to organisational growth, we seek to expand our Anglicare At Home team of professionals in the Nepean Region of Sydney. Designed to make a genuine difference in the lives of older people, Anglicare At Home aims to support and assist people to remain in their homes as valued members of our community.
About the role:
Anglicare has a number of Community Centre based Social Support/Respite groups operating across Sydney, Blue Mountains and Illawarra. Reporting to the Team Leader, you will ensure on a day and overnight basis that the older people attending our respite centre receive tailored care services in a professional and respectful manner according to documented care plans, organisational policies and procedures. Utilising your knowledge and understanding of the issues relating to people with dementia and other age-related disorders, you will contribute to supporting the individual needs in your provision of overnight support, personal care assistance, meal preparation, transport, design/implement individualised support leisure/recreational activities that enhance the wellbeing of our clients.
This is a fixed term part time position working as part of a rostered team working Fridays to Sunday at our Social Wellness Centre Overnight Respite Cottage at Winmalee.
Lifestyle Worker duties will include:
• Ensuring that all clients are respected and treated with empathy and dignity through providing choices to live their daily life
• Providing overnight support to clients staying in our respite cottage, including:
◦ Personal Care
◦ Meal preparation
◦ Overnight Support
•A Christian Care approach and Rhythm of Life principles are adopted and encouraged
•Activities are organised in accordance with the clients choices as documented in their care plans
•Ongoing commitment to care for those living with Dementia by attending regular training.
Join Anglicare and enjoy the benefits!
• Anglicare is renowned for our reputable training and development program. Access our professional network of mentors that can offer support and experience.
• Anglicare is committed to achieving the highest performance in work health and safety with the aim of creating and maintaining a safe and healthy environment throughout all parts of the organisation.
• Each and every older person touches your heart. You will feel satisfied that you are really helping to meet their needs.
I want to join. Now what?
If you have demonstrated skills in the development of recreational programs, then we would love to hear from you. Relevant Health & Leisure qualifications and a LR Licence will be an advantage.
Applicants must hold:
• Certificate III in Aged Care/Individual Support or equivalent. Certificate IV in Leisure & Health is also preferred.
• C Class Motor Vehicle Licence
• A registered and insured motor vehicle with minimum third party property damage insurance or be willing to obtain it.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.