Case Worker - Foster Care
- Are you passionate about children and their need for a stable, safe and caring environment?
- Do you want to further your career in Foster Care by making a real and lasting difference in the lives of children?
- Join our warm, friendly and supportive culture!
As the number of children requiring care continues to rise, there is an acute and ongoing need for carers to meet a range of placement needs. Anglicare provides family preservation and restoration, foster care and adoption services across metropolitan Sydney.
About the role:
Based at Telopea, this is a casual Case Worker role reporting to the relevant Team Leader, you will provide case management services to children and families within the foster care program.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
- Facilitate and supervise case management, in accordance with the child or young person’s case plan.
- undertake assessments of foster carer applicants’
- Establish positive relationships with the child, carers, birth parents and others as required.
- Ensure that clients are safely transported in vehicles to contact venues.
- Assess client safety, planning, and intervening where appropriate, by ensuring the well-being of the client during visits with birth families.
- Facilitate visits, observe and monitor quality of interactions and produce contact visit reports at a high professional standard, ensuring that the child or young person has contact with the birth family and significant others.
- Reporting – ensure that reports are a prompt and accurate record of observations, risks, interactions and dynamics in supervised visits, and communicate feedback to key staff.
- Conduct assessments, with a co-worker, through a process of interviews, probity checks, evaluation, feedback and panel discussions.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
- Tertiary education in social work, psychology or child welfare/ community services
- NSW Drivers licence
- Knowledge of child’s needs, developmental trauma and attachment
- Skills in establishing rapport, respectfully communicating expectations and being assertive
- Experience relating to and building rapport with children
- Knowledge of child protection system
- Excellent observation, written and verbal communication skills
Note: Candidates must have a NSW driver licence and a comprehensively insured vehicle.
If you are passionate about working with children and families and possess strong case management experience within the OOHC sector, we encourage you to apply immediately.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.