• Permanent part time position available - school hours
• Social hub of our independent living community
• Glenhaven (Hills) location
About the Role
Located within our Glenhaven Green Retirement Village, the Treetops Café is a place where our residents and visitors gather together on a social basis; whilst also hosting regular functions. Treetops Cafe currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Café Assistant to join the team on a part time basis. The successful candidate will have extensive café experience and enjoy working as part of a team to deliver friendly service in a nurturing and supportive environment that enables the wellbeing of our residents. Our ideal candidate will be experienced in short orders, coffee making and possess strong customer service skills.
Applicants interested in this role must be available Monday, Wednesday and Fridays between the hours of 9.30am to 2.30pm.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
• Ensure a consistently high standard of service is provided to all customers
• Maintaining coffee equipment
• Operation of the dish and glass washing machines
• Processing orders accurately and in a timely manner
• Serving customers and assisting with the running of the Café as needed
• Contribute to the effectiveness of the whole team by working in a co-operative way
• Ensures that safety (WHS), health, hygiene and cleanliness standards are maintained.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
• Previous café and barista experience essential
• Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
• Experienced in short orders and coffee making essential
• Experience using an iPad
• Front of house customer service experience
• showing empathy/experience with the elderly
• A commitment to the Christian values of Anglicare.
If you are a people-person interested in supporting village life for our valued residents at Glenhaven Green, we look forward to receiving your application.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
To find out more please visit: www.anglicare.org.au
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.