• Can you communicate well with a range of people and are comfortable presenting in a group?
• Do you understand and value people, listen well and with empathy?
• Are you an energetic “people person” with contagious optimism, able to inspire and encourage others?
About the Role
Carol Allen House is located in the historic Hawkesbury suburb of Richmond NSW. A well-established home, Carol Allen House is set against the backdrop of the Blue Mountains and is home to a close-knit community of 60 residents.
The home is seeking an enthusiastic, Lifestyle Coordinator who can coordinate activities that contribute to the wellbeing of their valued residents.
Join our team to create a vibrant community within a Residential Care setting. In this role you will help people in Residential Care continue to enjoy life and engage with the community. You will assess individual needs and then design programs to meet these needs. This is a key position within the Home and acts as a resource for other staff providing care.
To be successful, you will be qualified and have similar experience designing and implementing recreational activities in aged care or community settings. You will be enthusiastic and outgoing, value person centred care, with ability to recommend resident focused, and fun lifestyle activities.
Key Responsibilities (not limited to):
• Ensure residents receive appropriate assessments including their life history or story that will inform an integrated care plan;
• Ensure programs are developed to enrich the lives of individuals and their families through leisure, lifestyle, learning & spiritual activities;
• Coordinate the Lifestyle team to assist residents in creating a home like environment within their accommodation;
• Coordinating outings that allow the resident to stay in communication and have meaningful relationships within their chosen community in a safe and healthful way;
• Ensure volunteers are well coordinated and integrated into the team.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
• A Diversional Therapy qualification will be highly regarded but is not essential;
• Proven experience in leading a team.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated understanding of Aged Care and associated accreditation requirements.
• Certificate IV in Leisure & Health and/ or relevant tertiary degree
• A commitment to the Christian values of Anglicare.
Apply today if you want to be part of an amazing team!
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
For over 160 years Anglicare has been serving people in need- providing care to older people and services to the vulnerable. We began because of people like you, people who saw a need in the community and who were compelled to make a difference. People motivated by Christian love and a passion to serve.
For more information please visit: www.anglicare.org.au
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse.