• Casual position located in Rushcutters Bay
• Warm and welcoming aged care home
• Walking distance from Kings Cross Train Station
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
To find out more please visit: https://www.anglicare.org.au/
About the Role:
Anglicare’s Elizabeth Lodge is seeking a Lifestyle Carer to join their team on a casual basis. Reporting to the Lifestyle Coordinator, you will assist with the design and implementation of individual and integrated lifestyle programs based on our residents’ needs. As a casual Lifestyle Carer you may be called upon to cover shifts from Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4pm.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
• Contribute to the residents’ assessments including their life history that will form an integrated care plan;
• Ensure effective communication using the appropriate tools to the wider village team to ensure that the resident preferences and social needs are met;
• Contribute to enriching the lives of individuals and their families through leisure, lifestyle and spiritual activities;
• Assist and encourage residents to create a home like environment within their accommodation so that they can relate to their new environment personally;
• Assist the residents with activities of daily living which may include but are not limited to toileting.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
• Certificate IV in Leisure & Health or working towards – essential
• Aged care experience preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience in planning and conducting activities
• Strong time management and organisational skills
• A commitment to the Christian beliefs, values and ethos of Anglicare.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date. Closing Date is subject to change without notice.
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse.