• Casual position - Warm & welcoming village
• Malabar Location – Only 12kms from the Sydney CBD
• Challenge yourself within the Aged Care industry
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
To find out more please visit: https://www.anglicare.org.au/
About the role:
Dorothy Boyt House is seeking a genuinely passionate Registered Nurse to join their team on a casual basis. This is a great opportunity to work for one of Australia’s largest Christian organisations in the not-for-profit sector. In addition, you will receive ongoing support within a growing organisation and competitive remuneration. If you are an experienced aged care Registered Nurse with flexible availability, we'd love to hear from you!
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
• Day to day management of care needs of residents whilst ensuring that all residents are respected and treated with empathy and dignity
• Manage and direct EENs, Certificate IV and Nurse assistants (Team) in day to day activities for residents
• Support the Residential Manager/Care Manager to fulfil the objectives they have for the effective and efficient management of the facility
• Compliance with WHS legislation and Policy and Procedures
• Is aware of and participates in continuous improvement process and systems.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
• Registered Nurse with previous experience in aged care
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Current first aid certificate
• Proven competence in appropriate documentation (including care planning)
• Proven competence in medication management and administration
• Ability to support and promote the Christian Mission and Values of Anglicare
If you are passionate about making a difference in the lives of the elderly, we’d like to hear from you.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.