- Are you an energetic’ people person’ able to inspire and encourage others?
- Do you value people, listen well and have empathy?
- Permanent Full-Time position, South Nowra location
Make a genuine difference…
About the Role
Jean Ross House is seeking a dynamic and innovative Lifestyle Coordinator to join their team on a permanent full-time basis. Bring your passionate and creativity to this role and help create a vibrant community within a Residential Care setting. In this rewarding role you will be responsible for designing and implementing individualised leisure and lifestyle programs that empower and support residents to enjoy their life and engage with the community.
Key Responsibilities (not limited to):
• Ensure residents receive appropriate assessments including their life history or story that will inform an integrated care plan;
• Ensure programs are developed to enrich the lives of individuals and their families through leisure, lifestyle, learning & spiritual activities;
• Coordinate the Lifestyle team to assist residents in creating a home like environment within their accommodation;
• Coordinating outings that allow the resident to stay in communication and have meaningful relationships within their chosen community in a safe and healthful way;
• Ensure volunteers are well coordinated and integrated into the team.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed
• Certificate IV in Leisure & Health and/ or relevant tertiary degree - essential
• Experience in leading a team implementing leisure and social events.
• Demonstrated understanding of Aged Care and associated accreditation requirements.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• A commitment to the values of Anglicare.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
To find out more please visit: https://www.anglicare.org.au/
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.