The purpose of this role:
Based at Mt Druitt, the purpose of this exciting career opportunity is to provide intake assessments, information and initial support to Food and Financial Assistance clients on arrival at our office or remotely via the phone, to ensure effective delivery of client services. It is a fixed-term part-time position working 3 days a week. The contract ends in June 2021.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and record information in appropriate systems and in accordance with contractual obligations ensure that client data and records are up-to-date.
- Provide high levels of customer service including receiving and directing clients and visitors, processing incoming calls as a priority and assisting clients with food parcels. All duties performed in line with Food and Financial Assistance Program guidelines.
- Process referrals and appointments in a timely manner.
- Manage the filing system, storage and security of client information.
- Ensure that clients and visitors are provided with appropriate information by responding to queries and requests in a timely manner.
- Responsible for general administrative tasks, maintain and improve admin procedures/systems and complete administration activities (filing, faxing, photocopying, archiving, mail distribution etc.).
- Actively contribute to team meetings and events, and provide administrative support for these as required (e.g. preparing materials and meeting minutes).
- Well-developed communication skills
- High level computer skills including excel and data base management
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to provide support to clients who present with complex needs.
- A valid Working with Children’s Check for paid employment.
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.