Mental Health Engagement Practitioner
Job no: 500393
Work type: Fixed Term Part-Time
Location: Multiple locations, Northern Beaches
Categories: Other, Registered Nurse, Specialised Care, Counsellors, Case Management
Mental Health Practitioner
Anglicare has an excellent career opportunity for a Mental Health Engagement Practitioner – Emotional Wellbeing for Older Persons Program. The Program aims to provide psychological wellbeing support services for residents in Residential Aged Care Facilities (RACFs) across North Sydney.
This is a fixed-term part-time role (35 hours per week) until 30 June 2021 and is classified under the SCHADS Award.
The purpose of this exciting role is to Sign-up Residential Aged Care Facilities (RACF’s) to engage in the EWOP program and provide assessment and therapy to meet the needs of EWOP program clients
Main Duties and Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Develop and implement a stakeholder engagement strategy for RACFs in the region, in line with agreed targets
- Organising RACF based promotional events
- Working with participants to meet mental health needs.
- Facilitate and deliver group work and workshops to support best outcomes for participants
- Work collaboratively with service providers, carers and other organisations.
- Ensure that participants are involved in recovery plans as much as possible by facilitating and encouraging independence and social inclusion
- Market and promote the EWOP program, including executing memorandum of understanding
- Relevant tertiary qualifications for the professions of Psychologist, Social Worker, Counsellor, Registered Nurse or equivalent.
- Current membership to professional body (e.g. AHPRA, AASW or Australian Counselling Association or equivalent).
- Experience in working with people with mental health challenges and/or experience in the aged care sector
- NSW Drivers licence
- Own comprehensively insured vehicle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Current Working with Children’s Check
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time