Pastoral Carer – Castle Hill
This is a very rewarding position for someone with a passion for Christ-centred pastoral care to the aged, to join the supportive and dedicated Mission and Partnership team in Anglicare. Located in the heart of the vibrant Hills District this role provides an opportunity to bring your genuine heart and share the love of Jesus.
- Make a genuine and lasting difference in the lives of our residents at Castle Hill
- Permanent Part-Time position, 2 days per week
- Use your pastoral care skills to provide spiritual and emotional support to our residents
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
About being a Pastoral Carer at Anglicare:
Working alongside the Life Enrichment Team at Anglicare, our pastoral carers are pivotal in ensuring our residents are supported as they move into care through providing comfort and confidence during this time of change. As part of the wider Mission and Partnerships Team, the Pastoral Carer position is an invaluable role, assisting in meeting the spiritual and emotional needs of residents.
This permanent part-time position based at Castle Hill, set amid lovely gardens, is one of Anglicare’s loved retirement communities.
Introductory Pastoral Care training will be provided, together with on-going support, mentoring and other relevant training.
- Ensures that all residents are respected and treated with empathy and dignity.
- New residents are well supported during entry to provide comfort and confidence.
- Ensures an holistic approach is taken to meet residents' needs, through a range of planned and responsive activities and one on one encounters that allow meaningful encounters with residents.
- Ensures identification and referral of residents who could be further supported by the Chaplain.
- Contributes to the provision of support for relatives and employees in moments of need by providing pastoral care as required.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
- Embody Anglicare’s vision of reaching out, enriching lives and sharing the love of Jesus
- A passion for aged care and previous experience in Aged Care desirable
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated reliability and flexibility
- A current Working with Children’s Check Clearance or willingness to obtain
- Relevant training/qualifications highly regarded
- Previous experience in ministry or pastoral care preferred
Please note: A verbal reference from a Senior Minister or Pastor is required.
This is a great opportunity to combine your pastoral care skills with a genuine concern for the elderly and their spiritual needs. All employees undergo an orientation program on arrival with access to ongoing education, mentoring and training opportunities to ensure that our residents receive outstanding care.
Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse.
Applications Close: 3rd of October
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.