- Casual Carers required beautiful Dapto Location
- Be part of a professional caring team with great benefits
About the Role:
Our Carers play a key role in ensuring that our residents are cared for physically, emotionally and spiritually, whilst responding to their residents needs with empathy and respect. If you’re passionate about caring and supporting older people in a cheerful and empathetic manner all whilst providing the highest standard of care, we would love to hear from you!
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
• Ensure optimal physical comfort of residents;
• Contribute to the emotional wellbeing of residents by responding to and understanding their emotional needs;
• Assist residents with activities of daily living
• Interact with our residents in a cheerful and empathetic manner;
• Ensure care standards are upheld by following procedures;
• Contribute to relative satisfaction by talking with relatives and assisting where possible.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
• Certificate III in Aged Care (or equivalent)
• Previous experience in Aged Care
• A passion for caring for others
• Excellent communication skills
• Basic computer skills
• Work well within a team, valuing individuals and showing empathy;
• A commitment to the Christian values of Anglicare.
Our Carers are also rewarded with above award rates of pay, and a comprehensive orientation program on arrival with access to ongoing education and training opportunities to ensure that our residents receive outstanding care.
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
To find out more please visit: https://www.anglicare.org.au/
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.