Anglicare have an opportunity for a Food Services Manager to join our Catering team in Norwest. This role will take ownership of maintaining operational efficiency in the kitchen by supervising and co-ordinating daily work schedules so that production and distribution deadlines are met, whilst improving and maintaining the production process for our customers.
You will be joining a Christian organisation with a history of service spanning over 160 years. Anglicare exists to serve people in need in our community, enrich lives, and share the love of Jesus.
About the role:
Reporting into the Catering Services Manager, you will be joining a full-service Catering facility that prepares and provides food to our Anglicare facilities as well as external clients. Our Catering team are passionate about meeting our residents and clients’ dietary needs and enhancing their dining experience through ensuring food is nutritious, tasteful and visually appealing.
This role will be responsible for providing leadership to a Production and Distribution team based within the facility, as well as managing the operations, purchasing and Health & Safety across the site. A strong aspect of this role will involve assisting in continuously seeking to improve on our services offered to our customers through assisting with developing new recipes, menus, reducing shrinkage and maintaining high food safety standards.
Key accountabilities of this role will include:
• Uphold the standards of high quality food that is produced under HACCP principles and at minimum cost by minimising waste, controlling recipe and portion sizes, recording and tracking purchasing commitments and managing expenses.
• Provide a supportive leadership and supervision structure to build effective team relations, set expectations, and recognise good work, develop staff in their roles and careers, provide regular feedback on performance, recruit new staff as required and take timely corrective action to address performance and conduct.
• Work closely with a team that maintains procurement needs of food, chemical, packaging and uniform orders to ensure stock availability and goods are received against orders.
• Work with suppliers to ensure we are receiving quality food and packaging supplies and make approvals for any changes to supply of products and specifications in conjunction with agreed pricing set by Management.
• Oversee the supply of all production and despatch documentation as required to operate at optimal performance.
• Assist with developing menus and recipes for Residential Care clients and apply food knowledge and experience through ongoing food continuous improvement and efficiency initiatives in a timely manner.
• Manage Production KPI objectives through monitoring and reporting. Maintain food and labour costs in line with production and distribution budget and defined key performance indicators.
• Ensure safe work practices are carried out within the safety, health, hygiene and cleanliness standards set by Anglicare and the relevant health authorities by maintaining Anglicare standards and operating procedures, including WHS policies.
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Qualifications as a Chef, Food Technologist or Food Operations Management.
• Operational Management experience, preferably at Head Chef or Food Technology level.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of HACCP principles, Quality Control & Food Safety operating principles.
• Recipe and Menu Development experience, preferably within an Aged Care environment.
• Experience managing budgets and finances.
• Knowledge of requirements for Residential Care and needs of Ageing Australians.
• Be aligned to Anglicare’s Christian values, vision and mission in developing person-centred care
To apply for this position please submit your application through our careers website with an updated copy of your resume and cover letter.
Anglicare – Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse.