About the role:
Anglicare have a new opportunity within our Property Team, for a Minor Works Manager to provide management and guidance across all capital works within Property Management.
Reporting into the Head of Property Management, you will be responsible for overseeing the setting and management of annual budgets across and the management of all projects and renovation service contracts. This role will have a strong focus on ensuring all programs operate in accordance with statutory requirements, accreditation standards, industry best practice and Anglicare’s internal requirements.
Key responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
• Develop an annual detailed Capital Works Program which identifies and addresses operational risks and shifts in industry practices by working closely with Key Stakeholders in Village and Regional Management, Business Unit management and industry bodies.
• Develop a framework to provide regular reporting to key stakeholders on Capital works programs including; plan vs actual; work status and contractors performance.
• Ensure the delivery of annual programs Project Management from feasibility studies, board papers (funding approvals) and project implementation.
• Develop an effective and detailed Renovation Strategic Program by working with key stakeholders including Sales Management, Village and Regional Management, Property Development, Marketing, Finance and third parties (Builders, Architects, Designers etc).
• Develop a framework to provide regular reporting to key stakeholders on annual Renovation works program including; plan vs actual; work status and contractors performance
• Contribute to the effectiveness of the Asset Management Plan (AMP) by utilising outputs within annual planning and the continual input of projects major works.
• Work within a culture of resident care and by abiding by Anglicare Values.
To be successful in this role you will have:
• 5+ years’ experience within Facilities Management role
• Demonstrated understanding of Capital Works programs
• Experience managing and overseeing the work of external contractors and consultants
• Experience using Microsoft Project or similar; to effectively manage project deliveries
• Trade qualification(s) in Building, Project Management or similar Trade
• Alignment to our Christian values, vision and mission.
Benefits of working with Anglicare:
• An opportunity to build a career within a Christian NFP organisation dedicated to supporting communities
• Excellent salary package on offer with Not-For-Profit Salary packaging benefits available to staff - up to $15,900 of your salary tax free
• Join an inclusive culture supported with learning and development opportunities
If you are motivated by joining a Christian organisation with a strong focus on customer care, please submit your application through our careers website with an updated copy of your resume and cover letter addressing the key criteria and our values based questions.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Who we are:
As a Christian organisation, Anglicare exists to serve people in need in our community. We provide a range of services that promote wellbeing for people through Residential Care, Retirement Living and Community Services. We aim to be known for our care, compassion and excellence, recognised as a leading provider of services.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.