About the role:
Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will lead a small team in the management of Anglicare’s asset function, including the implementation and ongoing management of fair value accounting over a large asset portfolio, ownership of the fixed asset register and the financial management of both major and minor capital projects.
This role will work very closely with both the property and finance teams and is well suited to an individual with either an accounting background with significant property/asset management experience or a property management background with a detailed understanding of the accounting function. This role will be responsible for leading external valuations as well as running internal valuation models.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
• Ownership of the fixed asset register and associated processes while leading a team of two
• Responsible for all asset valuations (both external and internal)
• Ensures Work-in-Progress accounts are accurate while working closely with project managers to maintain a thorough understanding of each project
• Delivering timely and accurate asset reporting and providing financial support to the property team
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Previous experience in managing an extensive portfolio of assets
• Strong technical abilities, particularly around fair value accounting
• Advanced excel and modelling experience
• Relevant professional qualifications
• Staff management experience highly regarded
• Genuine alignment to Anglicare’s vision, mission and values.
This is a unique opportunity to demonstrate proven financial and commercial experience at a senior level.
Benefits of working with Anglicare:
• Not-For-Profit Salary packaging benefit - the first $15,900 of your salary is tax free
• Flexible working arrangements
• Secure on-site parking
• Opportunity to build a career within a Christian NFP organisation dedicated to supporting communities
• Inclusive company culture supported with real learning and development opportunities
Please note: Applications close 14th March 2021
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
As a Christian organisation, Anglicare exists to serve people in need in our community. We provide a range of services that promote wellbeing for people through Residential Care, Retirement Living and Community Services. We aim to be known for our care, compassion and excellence, recognised as a leading provider of services.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse