Case Manager - Reconnect
Job no: 500956
Work type: Permanent Full-Time
Location: South West Sydney
Categories: Case Management, Child, Youth and Family Services
Case Manager – Reconnect
- Are you passionate about young people, and their families at risk of being homeless?
- We have a rewarding permanent full-time opportunity based at Cabramatta.
- Make a genuine and lasting difference in the lives of young and vulnerable people and their families.
About the role:
You will be supporting at risk young people and their families to address issues of homelessness and family breakdown. Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of the needs/issues of young people at risk of being homeless, disengaged from education and community.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
- Collates and maintains clear up to date organised and accurate records and case notes
- Keeps informed of theoretical and practice issues that ensure best practice is developed and maintained
- Establish and maintain links with other agencies, to facilitate the provision of a holistic and quality service and to provide information on issues including referral processes, client needs, local issues, community feedback and approaches or gaps in service delivery.
- Ensure effective service delivery, this includes utilising a variety of family focused tools such as counselling, mediation and coaching to assist in regards to engaging a young person in family, education and community.
- Contributes to establishing and maintaining healthy family relationships by the use of dispute and conflict resolution as identified.
- Develop, present and evaluate group work.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant tertiary studies, e.g. Social Work or Psychology
- Demonstrated understanding of the needs/issues of people from refugee/migrant, varying socio-economic and diverse CALD backgrounds
- Counselling skills with appropriate experience, qualifications and membership of the relevant professional body
- Experience in working with young people, their families and people experiencing disadvantage
- A current NSW driver's licence and comprehensively insured motor vehicle
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time