• Do you love engaging and leading a team to meet the needs of the community?
• Utilise your recruitment and strong coordination skills
• Flexible work hours, Villawood location
About the role:
We are seeking an energetic , relationship and action focussed Volunteer Coordinator to be based at Villawood distribution centre, to effectively recruit, allocate, support, on-board and supervise volunteers in our community services to meet the needs of staff, clients and residents.
Reporting to the Volunteer Manager you will be responsible for supporting of volunteers within OpShops, minor Community Service programs and the Toys ‘n’ Tucker program, to ensure that the needs of staff and customers are met, in accordance with Anglicare’s Christian Vision, Mission, Values and Purpose.
We are offering a part time position approximately 30 hours per week (days and hours are flexible). The ideal applicant will have a passion towards volunteer coordination, and the work that Anglicare does in the community. Includes travel across the Sydney area.
Your key responsibilities will be (but not limited to):
• End-to-end recruitment of suitable volunteers and clients including conducting pre employment and compliance checks.
• Coordinate the on-boarding and training of volunteers and maintain strong relationships with managers and other staff.
• Assist and support volunteers within Ops shops, and community service programs to develop and maintain a successful and well managed volunteer program.
• Ensure that volunteers are centred on client needs and are reflective of Anglicare’s Vision, Mission and Values.
• Monthly reporting
• Work closely with churches to develop and maintain ongoing relationships.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
• Experience in coordinating a volunteer program or transferrable skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organisation skills and Intermediate MS Office suite
• Understanding of the end-to-end recruitment process.
• Current NSW Driver’s Licence and willingness to drive.
• Ability and stated commitment to support and promote the Vision, Mission and Values of Anglicare.
Benefits on offer:
• Not for profit salary packaging benefit $15,900 tax free
• Vehicle allowance for travel to shops and sites as required
• Supportive team culture
With over 4000 employees and 25 OpShops, Anglicare is a Christian organisation with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, and exists to serve our community, enrich life and share the love of Jesus. Combining our resources and expertise enables us to work even more effectively to meet changing needs as we reach and serve more people at all stages of life.
To find out more please visit: https://www.anglicare.org.au/
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date 7th March; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.