• Looking for a way to support Older people?
• When you become an Anglicare Volunteer you are joining a team of thousands who brighten people’s lives everyday
• Become an Emotional Wellbeing Volunteer for Older people
Anglicare has been serving the Community for over 160 years and is committed to supporting those who are aging, vulnerable or marginalised. Provide social connection through visits to matched residents.
About this Role:
Provide social connection and support to older people and show a genuine interest and concern
- Castle Hill
Duties may include:
• Attend relevant training
• Respect confidentiality and privacy of person
• Connect socially with the older people
Meet face to face, or virtually, each week for 30-60 minutes
Minimum 2 sessions per month at mutually agreed time
Minimum of 6 month commitment
Our ideal volunteer will have:
• Caring and friendly nature
• Genuine interest in learning about the person and their background
• Good communication skills, including being an active listener
• Ability to be flexible and willing to change and adapt to others’ needs
• Reliable and able to make a regular commitment
“We love because he first loved us.” 1 John 4:19
Join Anglicare and enjoy the benefits!
By joining Anglicare you would have the opportunity to serve those most in need; elderly people, struggling families, socially isolated, disaster affected people, disadvantaged children and youth plus many others within your community!
I want to join. Now what?
Once you submit your application one of our Volunteer Coordinators will be in contact with you. If you are a suitable candidate you will be invited for an interview and if successful you will need to complete a Volunteer Application Pack.
For more information on this role or other Volunteer opportunities please contact the Anglicare Volunteering Department on 9421 5446 or email@example.com