• Permanent part-time position servicing our elderly clients in several locations
• Are you passionate and committed to making a difference in the lives of older people
• Guaranteed contract hours
• Training and professional development available
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services. To find out more please visit: http://www.anglicare.org.au
Due to organisational growth, we seek to expand our Anglicare At Home team of professionals in several locations. Designed to make a genuine difference in the lives of older people, Anglicare At Home aims to support and assist our elderly clients to remain living in their own homes as valued members of our community.
About the role
Reporting to the Care Team Leader, the Home Care Worker will ensure on a day-to-day basis that clients receive tailored care services in a professional and respectful manner in their own homes according to documented care plans, company policies and procedures.
• Personal care such as showering and toileting both male and female clients
• Meal preparation and serving,
• Medication prompting,
• Domestic Assistance
• Respite, and
• Social support
Locations where work is currently available:
• Eastern Suburbs/City
• Upper and Lower Northshore
• Northern Beaches
• Hills / Norwest
• Blue Mountains
• Southern Highlands
• South Coast
• St George/Sutherland
Join Anglicare and enjoy the benefits!
• An opportunity to upskill is offered via the traineeship pathway for eligible candidates. This pathway includes completion of a Nationally Recognised qualification achieved through formal training and on-the-job experience
• Anglicare pays you for face to face time, travel time and kms – and competitive above Award rates! Relevant qualifications increase the rate of pay.
• Salary packaging is available to all staff; this can increase your take-home pay
• Accrue annual leave and sick leave entitlements that you don’t get as a Casual
• Anglicare are renowned for our reputable training and development program. Access our professional network of mentors that can offer support and experience.
• Anglicare is committed to achieving the highest performance in work health and safety with the aim of creating and maintaining a safe and healthy environment throughout all parts of the organisation
• Work permanent part-time and have regular clients with ongoing services. Each and every client touches your heart. You will feel satisfied that you are really helping to meet the needs of older people.
I want to join. Now what?
If you have a heart for serving older people, then we would love to hear from you. We are looking for staff who are committed and passionate about delivering customer service excellence.
Previous experience in aged/community care and/or have relevant aged care qualifications will be an advantage, however not essential.
• NSW C Class Motor Vehicle Licence; and
• NSW registered and insured motor vehicle with minimum third party property damage insurance or be willing to obtain it.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.