- Fixed-Term Full and Part Time positions working in various locations in Western Sydney, Illawarra, South East Sydney and Northern Sydney
- Support people living with dementia with strategies and connections to remain living independently
- Join our friendly and supportive team to make a genuine difference in the lives of people living with dementia and their carers
Due to organisational growth, we are seeking a number of experienced Dementia Care Advisers to join our Anglicare At Home's team of professionals.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Manager, Dementia Advisory Services, you will support people living with dementia and their families/advocates to understand dementia, the progression and symptoms of the many forms of dementia and partner with them to develop strategies based on evidence-based practice to best manage their condition.
You will also help raise community awareness of dementia to reduce sigma and increase inclusion through positive promotion and education in the community.
The successful employees will be expected to work across a number of sites/programs in facilitating the program.
- Work one on one with people living with dementia, providing individualised assessments and plans to achieve specific goals that support independence and reablement
- Provide support, information and advocacy, and short-term case management for people living with dementia and their carers to understand the progression of dementia and to access the support services that may benefit them
- Provide support and advice that is grounded in evidence-based practice during one-on-one home visits and/or in group settings
- Plan and facilitate Carer Support Groups
- Provide dementia training and information sessions in the wider community
- Training and development offered
- Receive competitive rates, tax free salary packaging entitlements of up to $15,900
- Work regular hours with our lovely clients, each and every client touches your heart.
Skills knowledge and experience:
- Diploma in Community Services/Dementia Care or appropriate equivalent qualification
- Demonstrated ability to work with older people, people living with dementia and their families/advocates
- Superior skills in communication including written and presentation skills
- Intermediate computer skills in MS Office and client database systems.
- Current C class driver’s licence and vehicle – willingness to drive and conduct home visits
- Previous experience in Home Care/Community/Aged Care.
If you have a kind heart for serving older people, we would love to hear from you. We are looking for staff who are committed and passionate about delivering customer service excellence.
For over 160 years, Anglicare has been serving people - providing care to older people and services for people in need. We began because of people like you, people who saw a need in the community and who were compelled to make a difference. People motivated by Christian love and a passion to serve.
This is where you can do the best work of your life.
To find out more, please visit: http://www.anglicare.org.au
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.