•Looking to share your talent in arts, cooking and music within aged care?
• Suitable for an experienced Carer who also enjoys running lifestyle activities
•Winston Hills location
For over 160 years Anglicare has been serving people in need- providing care to older people and services to the vulnerable. We began because of people like you, people who saw a need in the community and who were compelled to make a difference. People motivated by Christian love and a passion to serve.
For more information please visit: www.anglicare.org.au
About the Role
We are currently seeking a Lifestyle Carer to join our dedicated team at Woodberry Village. Reporting to the Lifestyle Coordinator, you will assist with the design and implementation of individual and integrated programs based on the resident’s needs.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic people person with an interest/talent in the arts, cooking or music. You will be available to work on a casual basis and on-call as required.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
• Contribute to the well-being of residents by assisting in the assessments of their needs including social, emotional, cultural, spiritual, psychological, intellectual
• Assist with the design and implementation of individualised and integrated programs based on these documented needs
• Act as a resource person for other staff in the joint aim
• Ensure all residents are respected and treated with empathy and dignity
• Ensure good communication of events and activities to residents and their families
• Evaluate activities upon completion
• Perform personal care duties as they arise
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
• Experience in conducting activities and performing personal care duties
• Strong time management and organisational skills
• Good documentation skills and ability to maintain care documentation
If you are a qualified and experienced Lifestyle Carer who enjoys working alongside passionate Carers and develop recreational activities to improve the well-being of the elderly, this is a perfect role for you.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse.