- Make a difference and support older people with social interaction
- Fixed term fulltime positions working across our Social Wellness Centres/ Villages and Respite Cottages in Western Sydney region.
- Join our warm, friendly, and supportive team!
About the role
Anglicare has a number of community centre-based Social Support/ Respite groups and overnight Cottages operating across Sydney, the Blue Mountains and Illawarra. Our centres and social group programs are designed to be fun and enabling environments, we offer interesting recreational activities that are based on what our clients like to do, such as games, dancing, exercise, arts (painting and pottery), crafts, movies, cooking and outings.
Reporting to a Team Leader, you will ensure on a day-to-day basis that older people and people living with dementia attending our services receive tailored support in a professional and respectful manner according to their individualised care plans, organisational policies and procedures. Utilising your knowledge and understanding of wellness and reablement you will work with our clients to support them to remain as independent as possible and enjoy the time they spend with us
These are full-time positions working across our services in Western Sydney
The successful employees will be expected to work across a number of sites/programs. Anglicare is looking for staff who are able to work weekdays and weekends as negotiated with the manager.
• Planning and facilitating innovative group and individual activities
• Meal preparation and serving
• Personal care such as showering and toileting
• Medication prompting and assistance
• Cleaning, keeping the workplace safe
• Transporting people to and from the groups
• Supporting family carers
- Training and development offered
- Receive competitive rates, Tax free salary packaging entitlements of up to $15,900
- Work regular hours with our lovely clients, each and every client touches your heart.
Skills and Experience:
• Certificate III in Aged Care/Individual Support/Nursing or equivalent
• Experience working with older people and people living with dementia
• A C Class Motor Vehicle License
• NSW registered and insured motor vehicle with minimum third-party insurance
If you have a kind heart for serving older people, then we would love to hear from you. We are looking for staff who are committed and passionate about delivering customer service excellence.
For over 160 years, Anglicare has been serving people in need - providing care to older people and services for people in need. We began because of people like you, people who saw a need in the community and who were compelled to make a difference. People motivated by Christian love and a passion to serve.
This is where you can do the best work of your life.
To find out more, please visit: http://www.anglicare.org.au
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched, and communities strengthened.
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice