• Permanent Part-time Position- 22.5 hours per week
• Excellent remuneration package and company benefits
• Make a genuine difference to the lives of the elderly
Located in Warriewood, Marcus Loane House is a beautiful residential home for aged residents. We're seeking a compassionate Lifestyle Carer to join our team.
The position is 22.5 hour per week - 9am to 5pm Monday, Tuesday and Sunday.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Lifestyle Coordinator, you will contribute to the well-being of our residents by assisting in the assessments of individual resident’s social, emotional, cultural, spiritual, physiological and intellectual needs, by designing and implementing individualised and integrated programs.
If you're an energetic people-person with the inherent ability to inspire and encourage others, Apply Now!
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
• Ensures an integrated village calendar, activities and events are well communicated to residents and families and that the activities included are evaluated on completion.
• Contributes to enriching the lives of individuals and their families through leisure, lifestyle, learning and spiritual activities.
• Assist and encourage residents to create a home like environment within their accommodation so that they can relate to their new environment personally.
• Contributes to all aspects of regulation and compliance for accreditation under Standard Three. Participates in the audit and continuous improvement process.
• Contribute to Anglicare’s safety culture by keeping the workplace safe, complying always with safe work practices, participating in workplace consultation activities, actively participating in safety activities, including hazard and incident reporting as prescribed in WHS policies, procedures and legislation.
To be successful you will have:
• Certificate IV in Leisure and Health or willingness to work towards (essential)
• Aged care experience preferred, including basic knowledge of the aged cared 'Quality Standards'
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong time management and organisational skills
• A flair for planning and conducting activities suitable for the elderly
• A genuine desire to enrich the lives of our residents and their families through leisure, lifestyle and spiritual activities
• A commitment to the Christian beliefs, values and ethos of Anglicare.
Benefits of joining Anglicare:
• Not-for-profit salary packaging, $15,900 of your salary tax free + $2,650 for meal entertainment and accommodation.
• An opportunity to build a career within a Christian NFP organisation dedicated to supporting communities
• An opportunity to join an inclusive culture with learning and development opportunities.
Who are we?
We're a Christian organisation with a heritage spanning 160 years. We serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services. To find out more please visit: https://www.anglicare.org.au/
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date. Closing Date is subject to change without notice.