• Permanent Full-time Opportunity
• Clinically Focused Leadership Position
• Join our Residential Care Home in Rushcutters Bay
About the role:
As the first accredited Montessori aged care home in Australia, Elizabeth Lodge is seeking to recruit a dedicated Care Manager on a permanent fulltime basis. We are looking for an experienced, clinically focused, Aged Care professional who can effectively lead and manage staff, whilst ensuring the highest standards of clinical care in a caring Christian environment.
Working closely with the Residential Manager, you will ensure that residents’ clinical and health outcomes are met and understood by overseeing the activities of our clinical team. You will also ensure the clinical excellence in the home, that all Anglicare policies, procedures and practises are followed and that clinical standards are continually improved. Moreover, you will ensure that a person-centred approach is taken to resident care.
Our ideal candidate will be a highly organised clinical leader who is resilient, team orientated and encompasses the skills required to effectively problem solve. In return, you will be supported by an experienced clinical team of subject matter experts including Dementia, Palliative Care, Infection Control and ACFI.
Key Responsibilities (not limited to):
• You will be responsible for establishing comprehensive communication between the multidisciplinary team within the facility and other relevant staff;
• You will ensure ACFI is optimised and suitable residents are admitted appropriately to our facility;
• You will work closely with the residents’ families, ensuring that they are fully informed about clinical issues relating to their relative;
• You will also have the opportunity to contribute to the effective functioning of the team through mentoring staff and sharing clinical knowledge and skills.
Skills, knowledge, attributes and experience required:
• Current nursing registration with AHPRA
• Leadership experience essential, preferably as a Care Manager within Aged care
• Strong clinical knowledge including working knowledge of ACFI essential
• Demonstrated knowledge of aged care accreditation standards essential
• A ‘hands on’ approach to ensuring quality clinical care
• The ability to supervise, delegate and work as part of a team
• A commitment to the Christian values of Anglicare
• Post graduate study in relevant discipline/s (geriatrics, dementia, palliative care) highly desirable
Who we are:
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, Anglicare serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
To find out more please visit: www.anglicare.org.au
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.