• Permanent fulltime position based The Ponds- Dudley Foord House
• Diverse role for Experienced Maintenance Tradesperson looking to join a friendly team environment
• Make a genuine difference
About the Role
Based at The Ponds, Anglicare’s Dudley Foord House is seeking an experienced Maintenance Tradesperson to undertake the maintenance duties, ensuring they are completed on time and to a high standard. This is a great opportunity for someone who likes to work methodically, setting priorities, working quickly and multi-tasking.
Day-to-day duties may include (not limited to):
• Carpentry Works
• Door and lock repairs
• Minor roofing
• Gutter cleaning
• Appliance fault finding
• Carpet repairs
• Joinery repairs
• Plumbing repairs
Hours are full time Monday to Friday. However, from time-to-time, this position also contributes to after-hours maintenance requirements.
Key responsibilities(not limited to):
• Ensures that maintenance duties are completed in a safe, efficient and effective way by following specified policies and procedures with special attention to all aspects of safety;
• Make decisions about costs and priorities and documenting a full plan for work to be completed;
• Contribute to the support of residents by providing quality service as required, and with respect to dignity and privacy;
• Contribute to after-hours maintenance requirements from time to time; and
• Participating in workplace consultation activities and actively participating in any other safety activities as prescribed.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
Skills, knowledge, attributes and experience required:
• Recent experience in general maintenance within aged care would be an advantage
• Trade qualification desirable but not essential
• A current NSW driver’s license
• Reliable with a strong work ethic
• Alignment with Anglicare’s Christian values
• Passion for assisting older people and working in Aged Care.
Benefits of working for Anglicare:
• Great opportunity to build a career within a leading Christian NFP organisation dedicated to supporting others
• Join an inclusive culture supported with real learning and development opportunities
• Not-for-profit salary packaging benefits - up to $15,900 of your salary tax free plus an additional $2500 for meal entertainment and accommodation.
If you are passionate about working with a committed team, caring deeply about our residents and their needs, all within a Christian environment, we would love to hear from you!
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
To find out more please visit: www.anglicare.org.au
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date. Closing Date is subject to change without notice.
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse.