Anglicare have an exciting opportunity for a Client Support Worker to join our Food and Financial Assistance team in our Community Services sector! Based in Wollongong, NSW
- Are you looking to kick start your career in Community Services?
- Do you have a passion to support clients in need?
- Are you looking for a rewarding and meaningful job opportunity?
As a Christian organisation with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we exist to serve our community, enrich life and share the love of Jesus. Combining our resources and expertise enables us to work even more effectively to meet changing needs as we reach and serve more people at all stages of life.
To find out more please visit: www.anglicare.org.au
- Excellent remuneration package and company benefits
- Work with a dynamic and dedicated team to make a tangible difference for vulnerable people
- Learning and Development opportunities within the organisation
About the Role:
As costs for day-to-day expenses such as rent, food and power continue to rise, a setback such as sickness, loss of a job or an unexpected bill can make you feel your financial situation is getting out of control. Anglicare can provide immediate practical assistance and longer-term solutions to help our clients build a more hopeful future.
In this role you will provide intake assessments, information and initial support to Food and Financial Assistance clients remotely and face-to-face. You will be ensuring effective delivery of client services and a high level of customer service is achieved.
This is a fixed term full-time opportunity based in Wollongong, NSW until 30 June 2023
Key Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Ensure that a high level of customer service is provided to clients and members of the public calling our assistance line or arriving onsite
- Support new clients by providing initial assistance, intake and appropriately identifying and prioritising their needs for further assistance from others in the FFA team.
- Receive and direct clients and visitors, providing food parcels and other assistance/referrals in line with guidelines.
- Ensure client data and records are well maintained, up to date and kept confidentially and securely in our database.
- Actively contribute to team meetings and events and provide administrative support for these as required (e.g. preparing materials and meeting minutes).
- Ensure that general administrative tasks are completed on time by maintaining and improving admin procedures/systems and completing administration activities.
- Actively support the team and demonstrate Anglicare’s vision, mission and values in the way you conduct your work.
- Qualifications and experience in Social Work or Community Services, or in Customer Service working in a community setting
- Well-developed interpersonal, telephone and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills including Excel and database use
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritise multiple competing demands
- Genuine compassion for people in financial hardship and an understanding of its impact
- Ability to provide support to clients who present with complex needs
- A driven, hardworking, flexible and proactive attitude to work
- A valid Working with Children’s Check for paid employment
If you genuinely care about people and share our vision, mission and values, we welcome your application to join us, as we work to see Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched, and communities strengthened
To find out more about this opportunity, please email the recruitment team at email@example.com
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched, and communities strengthened
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date, Closing date is subject to change without notice