Anglicare have an exciting opportunity for a Mental Health Practitioner to join our Community Services team! This role is based remotely (work from home) and providing services in Residential Aged Care Facilities across the Sydney Northern region.
- Make a real difference in the lives of older people!
- Our staff are mission-hearted and highly engaged... are you?
- Join our warm, supportive and dynamic team!
As a Christian organisation with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we exist to serve our community, enrich life and share the love of Jesus. Combining our resources and expertise enables us to work even more effectively to meet changing needs as we reach and serve more people at all stages of life.
To find out more please visit: www.anglicare.org.au
- Excellent remuneration package and company benefits
- Not-for-profit salary packaging benefits - reducing your taxable income by $15,900 plus an additional $2,650 for salary packaging accommodation, meals and entertainment
- Learning and Development opportunities within the organisation
About the role:
Anglicare has an excellent career opportunity for a Mental Health Practitioner – Emotional Wellbeing for Older Persons program. This program aims to provide psychological wellbeing support services for residents in Residential Aged Care Facilities (RACFs) across the Northern Sydney and Northern Beaches region. The position will be working remotely (at home) and across Residential Aged Care homes.
In this role you will be providing assessment and therapy to meet the needs of Anglicare Emotional Wellbeing for Older Persons (EWOP) program participants with mild and moderate mental health needs.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
- Working with participants to meet mental health needs.
- Facilitate and deliver group work and workshops to support best outcomes for participants by using a variety of tools such as counselling, mediation and coaching to assist in re-engaging the participant with their family and the community.
- Work collaboratively with service providers, carers and other organisations.
- Ensure that participants are involved in implementing individual recovery plans as much as possible by facilitating and encouraging them to work toward goals and increase capacity to become more independent.
- Engage with staff of RACFs to market and promote the EWOP program and encourage their adoption of the program.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications for the professions of Psychologist, Social Worker, Counsellor, Registered Nurse or equivalent.
- Current membership to professional body (e.g. AHPRA, AASW or Australian Counselling Association or equivalent).
- Experience in working with people with mental health challenges and/or experience in the aged care sector
- Current NSW Driver’s Licence and own comprehensively insured vehicle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Valid NSW Working with Children’s Check for paid employment purposes
If you genuinely care about people and share our vision, mission and values, we welcome your application to join us, as we work to see Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched, and communities strengthened.
To find out more about this opportunity, please email the recruitment team at email@example.com
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched, and communities strengthened
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; Closing date is subject to change without notice