Are you a highly organised person that loves all people? Do you have a real “can-do attitude”? Are you a respected manager with aged care experience? Are you looking for a great service to manage?
• Malabar location
• Well-established facility
• Join an experienced multidisciplinary team
Located at Malabar, Dorothy Boyt House originally opened in 1973 but has since been completely rebuilt and is now home to a friendly community of 62 residents. The outdoor spaces on the top level have views overlooking the beach and surrounding greenery.
About the role:
Due to internal movement, we are seeking a committed and experienced clinical professional to join our hard-working team as a Residential Care Manager within our friendly aged care facility.
In this role, you will effectively lead and manage staff, resources, financials as well as work closely with stakeholders to deliver the best standards of clinical care in a caring Christian environment.
Your drive to achieving outstanding results will be pivotal in managing the day-to-day operations as you build strong relations with residents, family and staff.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
• Undertake the overall responsibility of the operations of the home to deliver high quality services to residents and their families
• Creating a positive work culture for our staff through effective leadership and HR management
• Management of finances and budgets
• Ensure Quality planning, implementation and evaluation
• Provide leadership and operational support
• Promoting an interactive WH&S system to ensure optimum health and wellbeing of staff
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
• A high level of business acumen including strong financial management experience
• A passion for Aged Care
• Previous management experience of diverse teams Leadership skills and the ability to delegate
• Aged Care experience highly desirable
• Knowledge of ACFI, the Aged Care Act, WHS, accreditation and continuous improvement
• Experience in Residential Care management
• A commitment to the Christian Values of Anglicare
• Current AHPRA registration ( desirable but not essential): Clinical background as an Registered Nurse or related discipline is highly desirable.
You must be able to work effectively both independently and as part of a cohesive team striving to achieve a very high standard of resident satisfaction, working with a team of professionals to enhance the lives of older people.
Note: Effective from 1st May 2020, all visitors (including staff, volunteers, family, agency/contractor or others) must have a current influenza vaccination certificate and 3x Covid Vaccinations to be authorised to enter any Residential Care Home (including attending for interviews).
Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched & communities strengthened
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse.