•Casual kitchen positions available
•Rewarding roles for caring compassionate people
•Located on the beautiful South Coast, South Nowra
About the Role:
Located in Nowra, Jean Ross House are currently recruiting Servery Staff to join their team on a casual basis. Our Servery Staff play an important role in ensuring our residents receive a great dining experience every time they receive a meal.
A typical day will include setting tables, serving meals and clearing, and visiting the residents for their supper run. To be successful in the position, you will be a self-starter with a 'can-do' attitude. This role will require you to perform light cooking, baking in the ovens, deep frying , and prep for sandwiches and salads.
Your key responsibilities will be (but not limited to):
• Ensuring a consistently high standard of food service is provided to our residents
• Contributing to the effectiveness of the whole team by working in a cooperative way
• Ensuring that safety (WHS), health, hygiene and cleanliness standards set by Anglicare are maintained.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
• Previous experience in a servery/ hospitality environment, Hospitality certificate preferred.
• A passion for caring for others and a genuine interest in working in aged care
• Excellent communication and organisation skills
• A genuine alignment with Anglicare's Christian values.
This position requires the employee to be fully vaccinated against COVID and be willing to obtain a NDIS workers check.
If you're a caring and passionate people-person interested in supporting our residents, then we would love to hear from you.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
To find out more please visit: www.anglicare.org.au
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse.