Chaplain – Retirement Living – Caddens & St. Stephen’s Villages
This is a very rewarding permanent full-time position as a Chaplain ministering to residents in Caddens & St. Stephens Villages (Penrith area). The role provides a great opportunity to teach and equip residents for ministry and mission, share the gospel and provide pastoral care. This will give you opportunities to make a genuine difference in the lives of our residents, families and staff, who need emotional and spiritual support.
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
To find out more please visit: Anglicare Aged Care & Community Services - Sydney & Surrounds
About the role:
The successful applicant will be responsible for preparing and conducting church services and providing one to one pastoral care to residents, their families and the staff at two villages. Chaplaincy within Anglicare is a vital and expanding part of Anglicare, which demands intentionally evangelistic and pastorally orientated ministry.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
- Provide a Christ centered pastoral approach and be an example of Christian living
- Support residents with their spiritual needs, facilitate their ongoing spiritual growth, enable non-Christian residents to explore the Christian faith and encourage Christian residents in their faith.
- Oversee the ministry of a part-time Pastoral Carer
- Provision of edifying Church services, one to one pastoral care, coordinating bible study groups and training leaders.
- When appropriate, provide pastoral support to the families of residents
- Work collaboratively with the Residential Age Care Chaplain, Pastoral Carer and Village Manager.
- From time to time organise evangelistic programs (such as Christianity Explored) and develop/deliver occasional courses/seminars to deal with key issues and special needs (e.g. bereavement, ageing).
- Develop strong relationships with local churches in the area
- A loyal, humble, teachable, generous, and servant hearted leader.
- Someone with good listening skills, a pastoral heart and an ability to teach the Scriptures clearly
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work harmoniously with others
- A willingness to be involved in an Anglican congregation/parish and proven record of experience in ministry and pastoral care
- A personal commitment to growth in the Christian faith
- Current valid driver’s licence and access to your own vehicle
- A current Working with Children Check clearance
- COVID-19 vaccination is a mandatory requirement unless assessed exempt
To be successful you will be an active and keen Christian with formal theological or pastoral qualifications coupled ideally, with experience in pastoral care of seniors. Preferably we are seeking an ordained minister of the Anglican Church of Australia, Diocese of Sydney. This is a fantastic opportunity to make a genuine pastoral difference in the lives of our St. Stephen’s & Caddens Village residents.
To find out more about this opportunity, please email the recruitment team at email@example.com
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched, and communities strengthened
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; closing date is subject to change without notice.